If you’ve lived in Lancaster County for any length of time, you recognize what a special place this is. Our distinctive communities, our natural and cultural heritage, and our vibrant economy make this place unique. How can we maintain and enhance this community character as we move forward? Come out and share your thoughts and ideas.
- What are your favorite places in Lancaster County?
- What is needed to maintain or improve the quality of life in your community?
- What would it take for your children or grandchildren to stay in the county?
- What have we done well? Where can we go from here?
The Coalition for Smart Growth is partnering with the Lancaster County Planning Commission to support development of a new county comprehensive plan – Places 2040.
The Coalition is taking a lead in getting a conversation started for the plan update. Please join us at one or more of the community events specifically created to hear your thoughts about our Communities, our Corridors, and our Landscapes.
- September 10 Elizabethtown Library (lower level) 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- September 24 Quarryville Library 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- October 8 Tellus360 in Lancaster City 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- October 22 Ephrata Library 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- October 29 Caernarvon Twp Fire Company 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
All events are free, but please register by calling Latoya at 717-299-8333. Thank you.